Who We Help
Adequate nutrition is necessary for health, daily functioning, remaining independent, and can assist in maintaining mental clarity, fighting illness, maintaining energy levels, recuperating and managing chronic health and daily issues. It is our mission to provide every home-bound, elderly and disabled community member with appetizing midday meals, a smile, and an eye on the health and safety of those we proudly serve.
What is the Cost of a Meal?
- Each meal costs $4/day.
- Food delivery is provided free, along with a smile, by our wonderful volunteers.
Are Meals Satisfying and Nutritious?
- Each satisfying meal includes a hot entree, cold salad, fruit or dessert, plus milk or juice.
- Meals are Registered Dietitian approved and provide recommended daily allowances of nutrients.
- Regular, sodium-free, and diabetic diets are available.
Delivery areas include:
- Berkely Lake
- Duluth Areas of Gwinnett County
- Peachtree Corners
How Do I Apply?
- Apply Online or print and mail the application to the address on the form.
Who Can Apply?
- Any house-bound, elderly or disabled resident in the service area is welcome to apply.
- You can apply by yourself using the online or print application, or be referred by medical, clergy or any concerned citizen.
Testimonials from Norcross Meals on Wheels Clients
“My wife passed away two years ago. I could not cook and was not eating well. I lost a lot of weight and strength. The good nutrition I received from the hot meals delivered daily and the interaction with the volunteers helped me to regain weight and feel much better. ”
– Mr. Decatrel
“The volunteers are very courteous and the food is good.”
– Mr. Grant
“The volunteers are wonderful. I look forward to them coming every day. The meals they bring are the only hot meals that I have.”
– Mr. Waites
"I am honored to have been asked by Sandee to say a few words and on behalf of all the beneficiaries present or absent at this evening's Volunteer Appreciation Dinner, I take this opportunity to thank the Board of Directors, the Staff, the Employees, the Supporters and the many Volunteers of the Norcross Meals-on-Wheels Your assistance in providing us with great, hot, appetizing meals and other countless philanthropic services on a daily basis is overwhelming and incommensurable. Thanks for your goodwill and God bless you all!"
– Mr. Decatrel